Monday, 18 April 2016

Composite Longbow and Shortbow - Martial Weapon

Composite Longbow – Martial Weapon

Cost: 65 gp
Range: 165 / 660
Damage: 1d8 piercing
Weight: 3lbs
Properties: Ammunition, Heavy, Two-Handed, Special
Special: A composite bow allows the bearer to add either their Strength or Dexterity modifier to damage.

Composite Shortbow – Martial Weapon

Cost: 30 gp
Range: 90 / 355
Damage: 1d6 piercing
Weight: 2lbs
Properties: Ammunition, Two-Handed, Special
Special: A composite bow allows the bearer to add either their Strength or Dexterity modifier to damage.


I'll be honest, I hadn't really realised that these weapons had not been redone in 5e, and I decided to change that. So here they are, a nice choice for your melee fighter, for when they need something at range. I did think about using similar rules to 3.0 / 3.5, and making it so there were grades of bow that allowed for greater amounts of strength based damage, but it seemed overly complex. Anyway, let me know if you think these are awful or great. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Let me know.