Wednesday, 6 April 2016

Slithering Tracker - Small Ooze (CR 3)

"People assume I am terrified of the dark and deep places after the horrors of Meshari's tomb. It makes sense I suppose. However, they are wrong. I hated the deep places long before I ever crossed the threshold of that cursed vault. 

"So what, you may be wondering, cemented my loathing? Something I never saw. Something that came into our crude camp, and whilst we slept, slew two of my companions, leaving them little more than dehydrated husks. 

"Never did work out what did it; what could be smart enough to sneak into our camp, and to silently drain the life from my more than capable companions without them even uttering a word. I never could work it out, and I admit, I have no intent of ever finding out. From now on, the horrors can keep the deeps. I'll stick to the light realms above. It's safer."

- From the Journal of Kelvos Storr (three days before being eaten by a Roc in the wide open spaces).


Slithering Tracker by Bill Willingham

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Let me know.