Using My Monsters

Sunday, 16 October 2016

Death Hag - Medium Fey (CR 7)

Firstly, sorry for the break in updates. My fourth child was born on Friday so I've been, you know, kinda' busy (and I am consulting the chirurgeon about having my "orbs of life" decommissioned now, if you know what I mean). However, I do have time to post this little horror, which I believe (though I could be very wrong) originally appeared in the Eberron campaign world.

Death Hags are fey imbued with the essence of death. In my games they tend to stick to their own warped realities, occasionally entering the physical plane to seek components, or to wreak a little havoc. Death Hags are often found in the employ of the Cold Lords of the Order of Ravens however, and from time to time, they have made attempts to carve a tiny empire of death in the realms of the living.

She's Beyoooootiful.....my skin hurts...

One notable Death Hag, who lived in the early (Pre-Sundering) Third Age, was Bulobora. She became infamous after she teamed up with the "Sisters of the Swollen Tongue" (an order of "nuns" dedicated to Sarrax'Thag'Nestra, the God of Disease, Famine and Plagues), and brought several new sicknesses, brewed in her home realm, into the world. These foul plagues (known later as the "Three Tribulations of Bulobora") swept through the southern cities of Fey, especially the city of Jadasvere, with its infamous "Rotting Fields".

Ultimately, Bulobora fell foul of her mortal sponsors, who had worked to craft a disease that could even infect one such as her. Her death came, according to sources from the time (though studying the infected writings of those pestilential priestesses is a risky business), slowly, with her choking on her own liquefying lungs, and rupturing her own ribs as they too turned to slime, and were torn apart by her coughs.

Anyways, here are the stats.




No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Let me know.